Sonangol P&P Iraq
• Maintain communication with the Procurement Department and request updated Shipment Status Report for forecast and Incoming Materials.
• Inform the construction department on a weekly basis of the schedule of the arrival of materials to the site for necessary action and preparation.
• Supervise storekeepers and workers and all activities such as unpacking, storage, issuing, and safekeeping of the materials.
• Responsible for warehouse piping, civil, mechanical & equipment and instrument control valves and early works underground materials.
• Supervise receiving, loading, and unloading of materials in the laydown area.
• Planning of a detailed storage of materials. Supervise Storekeepers for proper storage and preservation of materials at the warehouse and laydown area.
• Providing detailed Material Status Report (MSR), in line with project reporting deadlines.
• Report any overage, shortage, and damage (OS&D) and complete report and reason for materials in quarantine, together with photos if encountered during receiving and checking of materials.
• Operate the SPMAT system to update the received materials (Material Receiving Report) and post the latest inventory data.
• Communication with the HSSE Team to ensure safe handling and movement of materials and equipment to the worksite.
• Ensuring all Storekeepers and workers use complete PPE and always perform good housekeeping.
• Monitor material quantities through Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Inspection, Shipment and ultimately the application of these materials at the construction site.
• Ensure the material requirements (equipment tag numbers and bulk material quantities) are accurately identified and allocated to the correct areas, drawings, and category codes.
• Coordinating with Logistic Team to ensure all incoming shipments are properly tracked.
• Assured proper storage, handling, and disposal of chemicals and hazardous materials. In charge of proper stocking and preservation of all piping materials.
• Ensures safe operation of equipment used to move and transport materials to and from the storage areas of the facility.
• Carrying out all supervision and direction of all Warehouse activities with respect to the warehouse, including Waste Management Coordination.
• Always maintain good housekeeping both in the Laydown yard and in the warehouse.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• High School Diploma with post-secondary education related to logistics or supply chain management.
• Excellent Organizational skills with mandatory3-5 years’ experience with Inventory Management of Warehouse.
• Physical Fitness: the role will require lifting heavy items so ability to safely handle materials & equipment is required.
• Basic Computer Skills, Problem solving skills is valuable in this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org