Sonangol P&P Iraq
We are looking for a Sr. IT System & Network Engineer to establish and maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain, and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully support, configure, maintain, and upgrade corporate networks and inhouse servers.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Keep an eye out for needed updates.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by the end user.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Proven experience in a network administrator role.
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking.
- Juniper, Cisco, CWNA or BCNE training.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org